As of Friday, October 5, Johnson Controls has completed its release of the FX Supervisory Controller Family Software update 14.6. Made available for download on the HVAC Navigator back in September, the DVD shipment is now officially released.
New for 14.6 are the following:
- Auto export function: Export key station information to a file that is used to populate the Johnson Controls Appliance Project File.
- Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) Reminder: The login screen will now inform users of their SMA status. This feature can be configured on a per-user basis.
- Mobile Refresh: Existing PX views now adapt to multiple screen sizes and resolutions.
- Cybersecurity: Built with Tridium Niagara 4.6, FX 14.6 includes important security protections like an updated Java VM revision and an FX80 revision that permanently fixes the WiFi Protected Access (WPA2) vulnerability.
Controlco distributes the FX80 Supervisory Controller product family. For our existing FX80 customers interested in installing the 14.6 update, follow the steps outlined in this guide from Johnson Controls.
For those interested in learning more about FX80 Supervisory Controllers and how they may be suited to your applications, review the Johnson Controls FX80 catalog and browse Controlco’s inventory on our newly renovated web store.
Core device licenses are:
In addition to the new features, FX80 Supervisory Controllers already come standard with a powerful set of tools that include:
- Web-based user interface
- Full commissioning and licensing complete upon purchase, just power up, connect to the web, change default passwords, set up a few parameters and start adding field controllers.
- Industry standard communication protocols
- Embedded configuration tool
- Modular design
- FX Workbench
- Niagara Analytics